abundance of water

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

“In the end, you’re measured not by how much you undertake but by what you finally accomplish.” Donald Trump

To undertake without a goal is not to undertake at all. It is important to do but it is more important to know what you want to achieve by doing. You need to know where the road leads before you undertake the trip.
The lessons that we learn from millionaires is the real life lessons that can be implemented into your daily lives. There is a saying that says you can take all the money and belongings from a millionaire and he will still be a millionaire, and so can you give all the belongings and money to a poor person and they will remain poor. The major difference is not the money but the attitude, the goal setting and the drive. How many poor people have won the lotto and became instant millionaires just to lose all the money within the next few years and return to life as a poor person, sometimes without friends.
What I am trying to say is that money is only a commodity that is controlled by great attitudes not by people as such, that is why money cannot buy happiness. If it is your goal to become financially independent you need to change your attitude, set goals and believe that you can achieve. Be prepared to fail in order to win, this is one the major differences between the millionaire and the ordinary person. The ordinary worker will never risk his income, they believe in security without risk, the millionaire believe in calculated risks and then they are prepared to lose everything if they fail, they go all in. How can they do this? How can they risk all their hard work on one project? Easy they believe that they will achieve, they have faith in their abilities, and if they lose it all they know that they can earn the money again; they have the millionaires attitude, the millionaires mind-set.
In fact they ask the questions differently; how can I not risk everything? How can I not do this?
Let us be measured by our accomplishments, let us stop doing for the sake of doing and create goals for our doings. Remember the more you try the better you get. Let me change the word I hate the word try, let us rather say practice make perfect. Let me tell you why I hate the word try, trying means that you have done nothing. If you try to get up you have done nothing yet, you only start doing when you get up.
I have lost everything before in my life, my family and I have been on the streets, without a car or a cent of money, but I have never given up. The experience was not nice at the time, but the lesson was tremendous, I paid school fees for a lesson that no school or university could ever have taught me. We must remember that the school system is there to teach you theory, and you cannot achieve with the theory only. It would have been ideal if every business study teacher had the experience of failing and achieving in business, but it would be unfair as they are only there to teach you the theory of business. Actual business lessons are only available in real life.
When I employ someone I prefer to employ a person that has lost everything at least once, they can make a real difference as their university money was paid in “blood”. I therefore measure their achievements and not their undertakings.
It is a good idea to read how successful people do things, read their life stories, and read about their failures and determination to succeed.

I wrote this quote and my inspiration because I care, we need more people to become financially independent so that they can help others. Money still make the world go round, no sensible help can be done without this commodity. So go out and create wealth so that you can help others, you owe it to life.

Willie Beetge (Duracrete we care)

 

No comments: